Wednesday 28 March 2018

Reviewing my questionnaires.

I am coming up to the stage where most of my participants have completed their questionnaires or interviews. I have taken time to review these and take notes ready to use in my review and I am very shocked at some of the things I have read.
One of my questions were:

'By 2020, the arts industry will be providing a third of the employment in the UK, would you support your child if they decided to take a career in dance? Again, please explain your reasoning behind your answer.'

Participant 1- yes, because it is a great way for a child who struggles to shine.

My view on this is that why is this only ok because a child who struggles may now have the chance to shine. GCSE dance is no easier than any other subject and therefore should not just be classed as a career for the children who struggle.

As I believe GCSE dance is just as important as any other GCSE some of the feedback I am receiving is shocking me as I find it difficult to see why somebody wouldn't agree. What I do like reading is peoples reasons why they agree or disagree and thinking of ways that schools could provide evidence that GCSE dance is leading to just as successful careers as to a GCSE in any other subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment