Wednesday 22 February 2017

A little inside on me.

My name is Kirsty Haughton and I am 23 years old. I graduated from Ks Dance in Warrington in 2015 with a level 6 diploma in professional dance. I then spent over a year working and auditioning in the dancing industry for cruise ships, west end shows, holiday parks, and the odd one of jobs. I found myself loving auditioning but sometimes it can knock you back one to many times. I spent 4 months living with a friend in London so I could attend every audition and take class as much as possible so I didn't loose any strength or technique.
Along side my Diploma I decided to do my DDI and DDE in teaching Cecchetti ballet and ISTD modern which is why now I have decided to further my studies with the BAPP course. I found myself really enjoying teaching, although it can be challenging it can also be extremely rewarding.
 After this course I have really set my aims to be able to achieve my PGCE and then become a teacher at a dance college. As I attended dance college I grew very close to my teachers and peers and because dancing was my passion I found the course made me so determined and the teachers played a massive role in this by supporting and believing in you. This is why now I have grown so much towards this career path. The teachers have made such an impact on my life that I am now hoping to do the same in the future for other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment