Thursday 23 February 2017

My CV




Here is my current CV. At the moment, this is the CV that I will use to attend auditions and send off to potential employers. Although this is always being adjusted and improved I feel it shows the best of me as a graduate student with little experience. With this CV I have tried to make some main points stand out and also the information short and straight to the point. This CV has developed over the past year as more people have viewed it, gave their opinions and helped me improve it, which I am hoping posting this online can also help me do.

With my CV I tried to look at it from an employer’s point of view, when I attend an audition the employer has an average of 200 CV’s to look through so how can I make mine stand out? The more I thought about this the more I adjusted my CV and the first thing I decided was to try and put it onto one page which I successfully did by cutting out the information that I feel was not necessary. Another thing I looked at on my CV is, when somebody scans over this CV what points do I want the employer to notice the most to give me the best chance of being employed? This is where I decided to bold some of my work. I wanted the employer to see the best of me, my highest qualification and the skills that could make me different to others applying for the same job.


Although this will never be a finished product and I hope to keep improving this and gaining more qualifications to add to this, at this moment in time I feel this CV is a start to help me become employable in the dancing industry. I am happy with the progress made from people’s opinions so far and hopefully as I blog more and adjust it to a profile I can improve this to a better standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment