Monday 27 February 2017

Task 1a: My Profile

My current profile.

I decided to log onto my Starnow account to view my profile which I have used in the past to search for jobs. On this profile I found that the only thing set up from the past years were my old headshot and where I am based. 



Before editing my details of training, key skills and factors I wanted to focus on the first individual look and information that is seen within seconds of opening the profile. I decided to use my basic information and my training. This is because I feel as an employer they want to read my skills straight away so that if I do not have the required skills they then do not have to look at the rest of my profile and if I do have the required skills then the employer can look further into my profile. I also wanted my showreel to be on the front of my profile. This is because as well as seeing my skills and my training I wanted my showreel to stand out and then hopefully be viewed which would give the employer a better understanding of my level dancing.


Although the information is minimal on the first section of the profile I am happy with the initial look of this and the key points shown. I am also going to edit my profile so that the information on training and experiences can be viewed as it can on a CV and try and keep it short and to the point because after viewing my profile if the employer is interested they are still likely to ask you to provide a CV to them. So although I want most information to be shown I am going to give it in shorter forms and still try and keep the necessary information included.  
Below is the information I then edited on my profile: 




After editing my profile and bringing it to date with the knowledge from web 2.0 and other blogs that I viewed I am now happy with this profile and the information provided on it. Although it can always be improved I feel this is a start to a first profile of mine and that the more profiles I view the more I can improve on mine. I know that online most of the information given is that a profile should not change like a CV but, it is not the information I believe I will change, most likely just the picture and the layout if I feel that it is becoming dated. 

www.starnow.com/kirstyhaughton




2 comments:

  1. Biographies occur in the workplace and the social realms - and sometimes the in between spaces - sometimes minimal is better form what the experts say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with minimal is better as overloading information can sometimes put off the reader.
    Thanks for the comment.
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete