Saturday 4 November 2017

Group Skype

My aim from the group skype was to discuss whether my question was the right question and if I was on the correct path. I had the chanced to speak to the group and explain my idea behind the question:
Does dance get equal treatment to the academic subjects?
It was clear after I started to explain about my research so far that dance does not get the equal treatment so I was already answering the question. So although it was an interesting topic and I was finding out what I needed, I was already answering the question. From here I made a few notes of what I want to find out,
  • The history behind this answer.
  • What some students and parents think to this.
  • How can people in the arts change this?
  • Should the arts subjects be less important than academic
  • Are there jobs in the arts as sucessful as academic jobs
  • Why people who don't dance think it isn't important in GCSE

From here I have lots of work and research to do in order to start pulling my inquiry together.
What I ideally want to do now is:
  1. Make a questionare for a range of students to fill in, dance and non dance students.
  2. Overview some books and history on GCSE
  3. Speak to teachers who have been teaching for 10-15 years and see how GCSE dance has changed.
  4. Speak to parents and see if they are influencing on their children if dance is important as other subjects.

Anyone taking part in my inquiry will only be participating if they are happy with this and understand exactly what I will be doing with their inofrmation.

I feel this week I have gained a more clear view on where I want to be moving with my inquiry.

No comments:

Post a Comment