Wednesday 1 March 2017

Task 1b: Professional Communications

After reading module 1 and reader 1 I decided before writing about my thoughts on professional communication I would make notes of the key facts that have stuck out for me from the reader one and O'reillys web page. 







Above is the notes I made before making my current initial thoughts on professional communication. Before reading the reader 1 my first thoughts on Web 2.0 and professional communication is that although this is the 21st century and most people have the latest technology and are more likely to be involved in the social networking sites I do wonder where people sometimes find the time for this? This is something that I was not fully aware of. I have always been involved in Facebook and Instagram but I just used this for personal use, basically I would scroll through the internet whilst commuting from place to place or when I had a spare minute. It wasn't until I began researching and reading blogs that I realised the big impact that social media has on the world. That Facebook is more than just looking at photos and commenting on friends posts but it connects the world and the more you get involved the more this communicates you with the world. 

I am now going to take the time to read a few blogs and widen my knowledge and opinions on the professional practice before continuing with this task. I feel that my initial thoughts are already being changed as I am realising that the world having the use of Web 2.0 is what is our future is, as I have seen on the web "we are the media, a world in which the former audience, not a few people in a back room, decides whats important. (Dan Gillmor)

No comments:

Post a Comment