Wednesday 27 September 2017

Reader 4 - Research

RESEARCH - something that I thought could be done enough with just searching the web and reading. How wrong could I have been?! In reader 4 my eyes have been opened to how many different ways we can learn and inquire. From reading the section on research I have began to write my private diary on ways to improve my knowledge from research.



Above in the reference I have attached a link to where I found the best understanding of single and double loop learning for me. Although I read this in the beginning of reader 4 (inquiry) it is something that has stuck in my mind, after all how can you widen your research without wanting to inquire on something? Asking questions and wanting to learn more through inquiry leads to researching.

'We enter without knowing, in order to discover what we need to know to lead us to what there is to know. The skills that we know so well as choreographers are also the skills we use as researchers.'
(P.Hanstein, 1999, 'Balancing the systematic and the serendipitous', 23)

The above quote is one of the points in the topic that I intend to use when developing my topic. I broke the quote down to how I think will help me learn.
We enter without knowing in order to discover what we need to know:
Try the unknown is order to learn more. Always keep trying new things.
To lead us to what there is to know: 
Discovering the unknown will result in having a wider knowledge that you are then able to share with others.
The skills that we know so well as choreographers are also the skills we use as researchers:
What we already know leads us to wanting to know more, and therefore research more and develop even further.

I want to extend my theories of research and therefore today in my private diary I have noted;
- Video evidence
- Practical
-Web
- Theories
- Books
- Word of mouth
- Learning from experience

Throughout this topic I now intend to use these ways to gather my research on my inquiry. As I note down in my private diary and gain more knowledge I will hopefully share on my blogs along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment