Friday 13 October 2017

A piece of literature that now has given me 100 more questions.



So a question that I wrote in a blog a few weeks back was an inquiry along the lines of, 
'Is their benefits of being a performer before becoming a teaching over somebody who has trained specifically to teach from the beginning?'

I decided tonight to do a small bit of research to see if this topic or inquiry was something with a lot of information on. Straight away I came across this blog. The text I have inserted above is the section that stood out the most for me. Straight away I thought, how can somebody be so narrow minded? Who decides if you can only be a performer or only be a teacher? Who decides doing both is too much? Or if you are not able to achieve as much if you do both? 
 One of the main reasons I found the beginning of the blog so wrong is because I am one of the ones to prove it wrong. I have done dancing professionally alongside becoming a teacher.
The blog is very interesting and I am now excited to read more and get the research flowing. It now have 100 questions running through my mind which I am looking forward to where this will lead me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment