Wednesday 15 March 2017

Task 2a: Reflective Practice

"Writing is a means of puzzling through what is happening in our work and in our personal lives" Boud (2001)

After reading through reader 2 and also Paula's blog from the Skype session I began to reflect on myself and think about how I learn, how I would reflect and how I manage my feelings with what everyday life throws at you. I noticed that since beginning the course reflective observation is how I have been finding my feet and getting ideas before starting some of the tasks. Personally I felt like this was something I was doing for confidence and guidance for me. Now I am more comfortable and settled on the course I am going to challenge myself to find different ways to learn and get ideas for the tasks ahead of us. 

Today I began my journal. I decided the best way for me to make a journal is by having a notepad and writing down my thoughts, feelings and reflect on my day on the days I feel I need to and for whatever reason I want to and the reason I chose to do it in a notepad is so that I can shut away from social media, phones and laptops and just have a moment of peace and concentrate on myself. At the moment I feel I am juggling a lot of things each day and instead of getting myself puzzled I will write it down and break it down in order to keep things running smoothly and find a balance with my time. I am also going to write out a calendar on my wall, giving myself set times to do things so that not all day everyday is full on and some days I am able to take a step back and not overload myself. This is another way I feel I have already begun reflecting. Although this reflecting is reflection-on-action, looking back and examining myself and seeing what needs change I also feel in other incidents I am able to reflect-in-action. Especially as a dancer I feel this is something you do often, you change as you are doing something until it feels right for you. I am also going to try and bring reflection-in-action with teaching. I want to be able to try new things and see what works best for me. 

I am hoping to blog about my journal, my teaching and how I have began reflecting more on my work, personal and social life. I have also began reading 'Promoting journal writing in adult education' which I am very interested in so far and I am hoping to learn more as I keep reading. So far, today I wrote my first journal and I am feeling like this is something that is going to really help me express on my blogs and also release my train of thoughts on paper in order to reflect. I look forward to seeing how I feel about this in a few weeks time and whether writing a journal is something I will continue to do in the future, work wise or personal.  



No comments:

Post a Comment